cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage display fields in portal iViews

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Can you say me - is it possible to manage display fields from a portal.

For example, in mdm console I've made from 1-st to 5-th field as a DF, but on portal page I want to show only 1,3 and 4th fild.

Or (in reverse case) on the mdm side I have only one DF, but on the portal side I want to show more then one field?

Dmitry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry ,

Just a guess here . If you specify all the fields in the console as DF and then when you configure the IVIEWS can you configure the filed 1 to 5 as not visible , so that it is not displayed on the pop up .

Regards,

VIgnesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vag Vignesh for reply. And can you say me about this attribute ("visability") and where can I found it in iView?

Dmitry

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry ,

All the run time components will be controlled by the standard SAP code , If you want to apply these changes then it would be a change in the standard code ,

SAP does allow you access and modify the code . You must identify the correct Module and alter the rite piece of code in the PAR file .

Regards,

Vignesh

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Please update the thread if you have an alternate solution.

Regards,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vignesh, but I dont think that custom developing is a good solution for this aim..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

When you make a field Display field then you want that field to be available in Data manager from Main Table view and also in Import Manager during import.

Now your requirement is to not show display field or show non display field,right?

Kindly revisit the requirement from business angle and functionality perspective too,possibly this could a new way of defining the problem.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Please mention the table you are trying to show in iview.

As nature of Display fields is that they can be viewed from one level above,meaning thereby a lookup table having 2 display fields will show these 2 values when viewed from main table level.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm interested at lookup tables, when I use them in picklist search iView. If in this lookup table has a lot of DF then in this iView selected values has unattractive look.

Thanks,

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

Try showing the lookup as a mini search,may be this can serve your purpose.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ravi for useful answer. But unfortunately changing lookup searc type has't fixed my problem. May be you knof another way to manage DF at the portal side?

Dmitry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dmitry,

From main table view only Display fields will be shown and I dont think this behavior can be changed.

Try editing number of visible rows and also the width of fields from MDM.

There is really little that you can do about the look and feel apart from this.

Thanks,

Ravi