cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Level Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our universe contains 2 domains. We use object level security in Designer to hide the classes and objects of one domain from one user group. The other classes and objects are hidden for the second group the same way. It works fine, except for those users that are member of both user groups, because both classes are hidden for them. How do I solve this.

One resolution is to build a new user group for those that need access to both classes. This would result in a lot of additional user groups.

Is there a more elegant solution ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version of Business Objects are you using? With XI R2 and earlier I don't think you had a choice. With XI 3.x I believe you can alter the way different security rules are combined. On the screen where you define the restrictions in the universe designer, there is an icon that looks like a gear. Clicking that allows you to specify whether restrictions are combined with AND or OR. The default is AND, which results in the behavior that you describe. I have never experimented with it, but you might try and see if it works the way you need it to work.