cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

period factor VS SNP heuristic & deployment heuristic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am using period factor to decide avalabilty date with in each bucket. i know first periority would be period factor in Tlane . accordingly i maintained period factor 0 .

SNP heuristics cretaes the receipts in the start of the buckets since period factor is ZERO.

But when i execute Deployment heuristic its NOT cretating in the start of the bucket. instead its creating middle of the each bucket

My questuion is.....

1) period factor setting is only for SNP Heuristic NOT for deployment heuristic???

2) if thats the case how to decide manually creation date in deployment?

3) Receipts available in middle of the bucket , But depoyment confirms the demand in the START of the bucket ? logically how its possible. it should not be???

Regards

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

SNP heuristic do a forward scheduling, therefore the consideration of period factor is in target location.

Deployment do a backward scheduling, therefore the consideration of period factor is in source location.

That is no one to one correlation between the scheduling logic of deployment and heuristic. Due the difference scheduling logic, the result between deployment and heuristic is NOT always the same.

Claire

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My understanding is that period factor of 0 is interpreted as 0.5 by heuristics.

So in your case Heuristics should create stock transfers in the middle of the bucket and deployment should just confirm it.

Please let me know the following.

You have maintained factor 0.5 in lane right?

Have you maintained any value in the product master?

What is your deployment method, pull or some type of Push?

What is your bucket type (days/weeks/months)?

Hi Claire,

I do not understand why a simple pull deployment has to schedule the stock transfers again?

It should just check the ATD qty and confirm the heuristic order, if possible right?

Could you please explain your point further with a scenario?.

Regards,

Ashok

Answers (0)