cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send a file without File Content Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to send an IDOC flat file that I pick from File system to a FTP server through XI. I was just wondering if there was a way by which I could avoid doing File Content Conversion on both the send and receiver file adapters?

In my scenario, I am just passing this file through XI. I am not making any changes to it but to send it thru XI, I will have to convert from flat IDOC file ( file generated from File port in ECC) to XML and then from XML to Flat file.

Can anyone guide??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am just passing this file through XI.

>>> in case you are not doing any changes to the input file and need the same at the target side than you can actually avoid

1. Mapping &

2. File content Conversion

Do follow the blog /people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp as mentioned by others but note that there is a size limitation for the files (do read the comments in the blog for a discussion on the same)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

The biggest file they have ever had was 662kb and typically they have 100kb file. I hope your logic works for such small files.

Just for my curiosity, has Michal come up with any blog on how to achieve the same using Java proxy ( as he talks about it).

I am yet to test out your logic. If it works, I am going to give you full points and a big thank you too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send the file without any conversion or mapping, just send it with file sender comm channel's protocol as "File".

The file content will be sent exactly as is, no matter the content. The file does not have to be converted to XML. It can even be in binary format. Of course, you will get a display error when trying to view it in SXMB_MONI.

As a matter of fact, no IR object is needed. You can make up any interface name and namespace in the ID.

Regards,

Bill

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William,

<i>As a matter of fact, <b>no IR object is needed</b>. You can make up any interface name and namespace in the ID.</i>

This sounds interesting..!!

Can I just note down the steps in this case and can you validate the same..

1. No IR objectd needed.

2. File adapters ~~ Both sender and reciver , make the protocol as FILE

3. Receievr Determination , Interface determination , Sender Agreement , Receiver Agreement ~~~ Give dummy Interface as well as Namespace values?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well shubha, i dont think Mike came up with tht weblog yet

anyway try my logic with your biggest file .. and if it works well then "Alls Well, that ends well"

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

William, no IR object is needed

>>>> Can you confirm Bhavesh's Steps ... it does sound interesting

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shabz,

If what william has stated works , time to update you blog once again uh?

Regards,

Bhavesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Bhavesh, are'nt we all seeking the optimal solution

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To ftp the file thru XI, you can refer this blog-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the folllowing~~

1. Create a dummy datatype

2. Create a Message Type for the data type of step 1

3. Create the outboundand inbound message interaces using the message type of step 2

4.No Message amd Inteface Mapping is needed

5. In Configuration , create Receiver Determination, Interface Determination , Sender and REceiver Agreement as usual. In Interface Determination, there will be no INTERFACE MAPPING.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure you will be able to completely avoid content conversion. You need to do content conversion for sure. But you can avoid Mapping & Interface mapping.

Check this blog

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually, the file can be sent as is, with being converted to XML. Just leave the Message Protocol as "File". Do not use any mapping.

No XML conversion will be done.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, a typo.

the file can be sent as is, without being converted to XML.