cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Integrated Authentication for SUP 2.0 to SQL 2008 database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have been struggling with this for the past few days and I hope you can help me.

I want to connect a SQL database to SUP 2.0 via integrated windows authentication

When testing the new connection I keep on getting the error "Connection Failed: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: This driver is not configured for integrated authentication." which points to the java vm not being able to find sqljdbc_auth.dll

Question 1: Where do I need to place the file sqljdbc_auth.dll (local workspace and server)

Question 2: How do I configure this connection so that it uses fixed Active directory user and password for integrated authentication to the database?

Thanks in advance for you help.

kind regards

Francois

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member58298
Discoverer
0 Kudos

On the server you need to place  sqljdbc_auth.dll  in a directory that's on the JavaLibrary path in the SUP start-up file. Or you need to add its location to the Java Library path.

Place sqljdbc4.jar in C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\lib\3rdparty

Then copy   sqljdbc_auth.dll  (the x64 bit version for SUP2.1.3) to a directory e.g.C:\source\sqljdbc_3.0\enu\auth\x64

then edit the SUP startup file (start-unwired-server.bat) in:

C:\Sybase\UnwiredPlatform\Servers\UnwiredServer\bin

Changing the  Java Lib line like so (change as to where you have out sqljdbc_auth.dll):

set DJC_JVM_OPTIONS=%DJC_JVM_OPTIONS% "-Djava.library.path=C:\source\sqljdbc_3.0\enu\auth\x64\;%DJC_HOME%\lib;%SQLANY12_BIN%;%SAP_LIBRARY_PATH%"

Then restart SUP.

Then set your connection in SCC up like the attached screenshot. Note use the DB2 template as it allows you to enter a JDBC URL which you need to set the Integrated Authentication parameter.

JAR name =  com.microsoft.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

Database URL = jdbc:sqlserver://<your host>:<your port>;databaseName=<your DB>;integratedSecurity=true;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

Do you have any update for the issue? i'm success to connect MSSQL by using the username and password like posted earlier. But I still have the same problem if we are using integrated authentication.

Hope you can bring the good news or expert can help us.

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

I have the same requirement to connect MSSQL from sup, do you have any solutions ?

Regards

Choong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the following :

http://dcx.sybase.com/sup0211/en/com.sybase.infocenter.dc01283.0211/doc/html/asc1229701207667.html

My problem solve by paste the sqljdbc4.jar to the plugins\com.sybase.uep.com.sqlserver and make sure is using SQL Server JDBC driver 3.0.

Hope this can help.