cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope agent missing J2EE metrics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am having a difficult time with the J2EE performance data. I am getting an alert under System Monitoring stating: "The SAP J2EE metrics are missing for this agent". This is causing me to get no J2EE performance data on the EWA and for Workload Analysis.

I've checked the extractors and everything seems fine. The alert does suggest to check the introscope log file but I'm not sure where that has to be done. I checked the logs under Agent Administration but I'm not sure if that's just related to the Host Agent only.

When checking the J2EE Overview within the Wily Enterprise Manager, I see that all my managed systems have no data. So I'm thinking something must be wrong with the agent as the alert within the Solution Manager WorkCenter has suggested, just don't know how to figure it out.

Has anyone experienced a problem like this or know what the problem may be?

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u see that agents are showing up in wily dashboards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go the below location in your managed system:

<Drive>:\usr\sap\SMD\SMDA97\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily\BytecodeAgent\ISAGENT<8.2.2.0-2010-07-13>\wily

Open the IntroscopeAgent.profile.

Check if for the parameter "introscope.autoprobe.directivesFile" values are assigned. For ex : sap_typical.jar,sap_ep.jar,sap_ep_iviews.jar,sap_xi_typical.jar,sap_ws_nw70.jar,sap_smd.jar

If the parameter is emtpy, the java data will not be collected.

Thanks and Regards,

Subashree

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made a discovery just today. It seems that when the IS Agent is installed manually the J2EE metrics are now available. But once I attempt to deploy it using SMD the J2EE metrics are no longer there.

My my deploy using SMD goes to directory:

\usr\sap\DAA\SMDA97\SMDAgent\applications.config\com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily\BytecodeAgent\ISAGENT<8.2.2.0-2010-07-13>\wily

The difference being the DAA instead of SMD as you had suggested in your reply. Would you be able to help me understand why using SMD to deploy the IS Agent to a managed system causes the J2EE metrics to not be available? Perhaps the auto probe directives can't be found?

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please post more details here so that I can help you.

Regards.