cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending IDOC message to Multiple Legacy Systems in PI 7.11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am working on a scenario where I need to send the MATMAS data to various legeacy systems, (10) in PI 7.11

When I trigger the MATMAS IDOC on the ECC it has to split the messaage and send the message to various legeacy systems but the message would be different to each systems, Each legacy system will have it own format of data.

How can I achive this scenario from the PI Prospective, One solution is I can enable the change pointers on ECC side by defining the legacy systems in a table and send the data to Various systems,

But from the load and performance prospective which one would be the best option to send the data to various legacy systems, What are the best possible options need to take care

Please let me know

Thanks

PR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you doing through PI then you need to have different mappings (one each for the end system-format)....as mentioned above have conditions in RD as per requirement and then in Interface Determination include the respective mapping

Multi-mapping is not supported in IDOC when it is on receiver end....if it is IDOC --> PI --> non-IDOC message then multi-mapping is supported (for adapters on JAVA stack).

What are the best possible options need to take care 

ensure that your PI server has bandwidth to process the IDOC messages...if you feel that already messages are eating up space then upgrading hardware would be an option.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With multiple legacy systems at target side, you will anyway have to use multiple receivers and separate mappings. Provide a condition based on which the target system is identified. Multi-mappings can't be used here.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava