ssl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Inorder to use Digital signing and encryption(mls) is it mandatory to use

ssl between sap and the target webservice

2)Do we need to configure ABAP (strust) and JAVA(Nwa) if it is dual

stack or only configuring java using NWA is enough for ssl

3)Rfc to soap scenario which is configured for message level security,where can we see the signed and encrypted payload,i mean will the payload will directly trigeered to reciever or can we see the signed and encrypted data in moni and RWB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all, I would like to inform you that the replies posted above are not completely correct. Here are more correct answers:

1. One of the reasons of using SSL is to provide digital signature. Therefore it is usual practice to use SSL for signing. SSL is capable of providing encryption, however, it is not mandatory to use SSL. There are certificates which can do encryption alone without complete SSL features.

2. Configuring SSL depends on adapter. As you are planning for web-service, if you are using HTTP adapter (ABAP based), configure ABAP (strust). If you are using Soap adapter (Java based), configure NWA.

3. You can't see the signed and encrypted payload with standard PI options.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)We are using the private key authorized by SAP CA for digital sigining,however

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)We are on PI7.1EHP1 version,can we use Integration server for digital signing and encryption or we have to use Advance adapter engine by using Integrated configuration scenario only(is it mandatory)

2)I have my private key authorized by SAP CA fro 8 weeks and using this key for digital sigining,however I remember When i tried to authorize my private key in service.sap.com/tcs it took me to test ssl option,my question is can I use this certificate for digital sigining or only for ssl server connection

3)We are using receiving soap adapter,hope only java NWA configuration is enough for this activity

4)If i can't see the signed and encrypted payload with standard PI options ,then what are the customized options available to see the signed and encrypted payload with in PI

5)Generally you mean to see the signed and encypted payload is triggered to target url and they can only see the content but not in PI

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. You can have integration both on ABAP and Java engine. As I mentioned it is adapter based on which choice of stack should be done.

2. As I understand, when you setup SSL communication with some certificate, the communication utilizes digital signature.

3. Correct.

4. Use custom module in receiver channel. You may store the encrypted file using that module.

5. Yes.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let me try to answer..

1)Inorder to use Digital signing and encryption(mls) is it mandatory to use

ssl between sap and the target webservice

Yes,SSL is required.

2) )Do we need to configure ABAP (strust) and JAVA(Nwa) if it is dual

stack or only configuring java using NWA is enough for ssl

I would say even doing just at java stack alone (NWA) is sufficient. But doing at both level does not harm. (if it dual stack)

3) 3)Rfc to soap scenario which is configured for message level security,where can we see the signed and encrypted payload,i mean will the payload will directly trigeered to reciever or can we see the signed and encrypted data in moni and RWB

With SSL: Within PI itself .. Inside the integration server you dont see encrypted data.