Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Retun/ Delete steps.

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Understood the Process of sales return for completed order, could you please advise whetehr my understanding is correct.

Option 1:

1) cancel invoice using VF11.

2) Reverse goods issue by VL09

3) Delivery document in change mde through VL02n , and make pick qty as zero.

4) and delete the sales order Va02

Option 2:

1) return the sales order using the billing reference in VA01 ( order type RE)

2) create return delivery and return billing ( VF01).

can you please advise wheterh both option is correct , and which case we use above option.

Thanks

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

First Option is once you done the PGI the goods are already left the company premises but not reached to the customer.You can reject the process for various reasons.

Second Option is the returns process.i.e, Goods already reached to the customer but he finds some damages so he will return the goods to the company. By creating the RE order with reference to the Commercial Invoice F2u2014Do the PGRu2014create billing (RE)u2013VF01-Credit Returns will be generated.

Let me know if your problem is solved

Regards

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear mail_to_karthik,

As for as return process is concerned the second process will be used.

The option one conveys if you want to cancel the documents (here instead of delete the sales document assign reason for rejection) by various reasons it will not be used for return process.

Return process as you know create return documnet with reference to commercial invoice->do return delivery->PGR->credit for returns(RE).

Let me know if you have any further clarifications

Thanks&Regards

Raghu.k

former_member1111576
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Thnaks alot for your replies. i understood the process. is it possible to restrict few user to access the Sales document ( eg: RE type)?.

thanks

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. It is done through assignment of authorization by your basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your BASIS team for this.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Option 1 ( Cancellation process) is used when user needs to cancel the transactions because of various reasons. This is usually done when material is not sent to the customer.

Option 2 (Returns Process) is used when material is sent to customer, later on customer sends back the material. Then with reference to Invoice document Returns order RE is created and returns delivery LR is created. Full quantity or partial quantity can be returned by the customer.

In the rerurns process, Invoice document and Credit note are shown in the customer ledger.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Option 1 use Only on below conditions:

1) Invoice not sent to customer yet.

2) Goods not deliver to customer yet.

3) No cross month.

I suppose cancellation of SO is required. Then in your step 3, should be unpick qty and packing if any and delete OB.

Option 2 steps is correct if option 1 conditions not met.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bala,

As per my knowledge we don't use the option :1 in any case in standard SAP,to cancel the invoice there will be tax obligation's.

To do the returns option two process is correct,here you will create the return order with reference to the invoice and do the returns delivery and billing,here the billing is will reference to order credit note will be issued to the customer.

Hope you understand the scenario.

Regards

Ram