cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using EJB Model in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to redeploy my EJB.ear (used as a Web Dynpro model) everytime the J2EE server is started (only the first time), after which My Web Dynpro program continues to work. In other words, the following code in my Command Bean is not successful without redeploying the EJB.ear for some reason. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong ?

home = (MyLocalHome) context.lookup("localejbs/MySessBean");

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

This is not really an MDM issue, or even a Web Dynpro problem. For some reason, your EJB appears not to be starting when your J2EE server starts.

When your J2EE server has started, open the Visual Adminstrator. Browse to "Deploy" and open the "EJB Container" node. Select your EJB, and click the "Start Application" button if the EJB is indeed stopped. No need to redeploy the EJB.

Walter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Walter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Walter, thanks for the reply. When I checked the EJB Container in VA after starting up the J2EE server, my EJB shows a blue check mark already with the START button grayed out (STOP button is active). So I would think the EJB is started already... HOWEVER, I noticed that when I hit the DEPLOY button there, I see a warning message popping up which says : "This Application hasn't J2EE modules, so it cannot be loaded. Proceeding with Deploy". I go ahead and finish the Deploy and then my EJB works. It seems I am not including a module when I deploy it ?

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I do not have any more ideas. I suggest reposting your question in the Web AS General or Java forum.

Walter