cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Servers install on one MaxDB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've installed MaxDB 7.6 with OS Windows 2008 r2 and created a instance SDB on <local>database.

It works pretty good.

Under this configuration I'd like to add another Server(name ContentServer) on existing Server as above.

It means there might be 2 different Servers ( one <local> and ContentServer) on one maschine.

Is it a possible to configure like this?

The history about that is following:

It was installed 2 Content server System with same instance name "SDB" a couple of years ago.

I want to merge this 2 old systems into one new MaxDB with OS 2008 r2. The first SDB was installed with restore without any problem. But it comes to question, how add to 2. system on existing server with same instance name- we don't want to install as 2. Instance with a different name.

Who can give me hints about that or recommand something a resanalbe solution?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Gauguin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thorsten_zielke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure I have understood your question correctly, so let me summarize:

You have Content Server A with CS database A (SDB) and Content Server B with CS database B (SDB).

Now you want to merge both database instances A and B into one SDB instance.

And then access this new combined database from both Content Servers?

Technically, you could use the MaxDB 'loader'-tool to export data from one database into the other, but I think this must be handled/discussed on application level first. What if both databases share documents with the same id, but different data?

I would recommend to open a OSS message on the BC-SRV-KPR-CS queue first to have the Contenet Server application colleagues to assess this scenario first.

Feel free to correct me though, if I misunderstood you here...

Kind regards,

Thorsten