I need to send an email after FTP

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like mentioned, if you are using a BPM, you can have another SEND step to send email.

If you do no want a BPM< then you can have Multiple Interface or multiple Receiver s and also achieve the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Bhavesh sai you can use Multiple receivers instead of BPM. But its ultimately depends on your scenario and the requirements.

In case of BPM just add one more Send step at the end which will send the email.

Thanks,

Prakash

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>

I have a File-XI(BPM)-File.

I need to send an email after FTP</i>

>>>When you need to send an email ? after successful sending of the file ? As you know , file adapter is not supporting application acknowledgement, you need to go for System acknowledgement.

For this you can refer these blogs-

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/06/22/xi-playing-with-the-file-adapters-acknowledgments

after getting ack,you can execute mapping and use one more send step to send the data into mail using mail adapter.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your BPM, just add another sender using the mail adapter, after the file sender.

Regards,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bill,

I have following questions:

1) If I set up the SEND step in BPM, how does it pull the the content of the email? BPM needs to receive this information in Abstract interface in advance, right?

2) Can I send a email with standard content without pulling it from a file interface?

3) If 2) is not possible, how to trigger SENDER File adapter that has the content of the email.

Venu.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu,

1) If I set up the SEND step in BPM, how does it pull

> the the content of the email? BPM needs to receive

> this information in Abstract interface in advance,

> right?

Yes, you do need this info in a message interface.. You can use Dynamic Mail Address and Content. This blog should help in this,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/07/mail-adapter-xi--how-to-implement-dynamic-mail-address

>

> 2) Can I send a email with standard content without

> pulling it from a file interface?

Use the blog of Step 1~~ Use a Mapping and fill it with any content you want.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>1) If I set up the SEND step in BPM, how does it pull the the content of the email? BPM needs to receive this information in Abstract interface in advance, right?</i>

You will define a new structure for Mail or import the mail package. You need to have a Abstract either using mail as message type or any abs interface which has the content of the mail you need to send. During the Interface determination's Interface mapping you will have the mapping from the abs interface to the mail strucutre.

<i>2) Can I send a email with standard content without pulling it from a file interface?</i>

Yes you can...

<i>3) If 2) is not possible, how to trigger SENDER File adapter that has the content of the email.</i>

During mapping just assign all constant values to the Mail structure.

Thanks,

Prakash