cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

warehouse management - year end activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all-

we recently went live with SAP WM from a 3rd party system.

I would like to know what are the various YEAR END activities that has to be done from an WM standpoint.

Pl. let me know in detail on various Year end activities that has to done from a WM and logistics standpoint.

Thx-

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very broad question & kindly request you give more details, such as what specific activities were completed as part of year end in previous WMS. From SAP perspective, only ABC cycle count indicator update on material master I can think of (depending on when transitioned from WMS to SAP WM).

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI -

Thanks for your reply.

In our previous WMS there was nothing major from an year end standpoint for WM activities. only certain activities like cleaning up the old inventory, change the shipping schedules were some of the year end activities that were performed.

in your previous note you have mentioned cycle count indicator has to be reset. could you pl. advise how the cycle count indicators can be reset for large number of materials as part of year end activity.

Pl. reply ASAP.

Thx-

Maxx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maxx

As part of end of year activities it is also good to review aging stock balances in the interim WM locations (9xx Storage Types), any aging delivery documents, etc.

For ABC cycle count indicator updates, you can use the program ABC Cycle Counting Analysis (t-code MIBC, program name RMCBIN00) to perform an analysis.

In this analysis, the system assigns the materials to the individual categories according to consumption or requirements (forecasts). You can also specify whether this analysis is to consider only the materials with a cycle counting indicator set on the Material Master, or all materials. The cycle counting indicator in the Material Master records can be updated automatically by this program in mass.

Please refer to your business on intervals for updating your ABC cycle count indicators (for example, at the beginning of each fiscal year).

Hope this helps,

km