cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues faced in MDM 7.1 SP07 upgrade from SP05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a requirement to upgrade the SAP MDM 7.1 SP05 to SP07.

For this Could you all please list out the various issues, which could be faced in doing this upgrade and what could be the Possible Solutions for these issues.

And if anyone has done the upgrade from SAP MDM 7.1 SP05 to SP07, then Please share you experience for the same related to the issues faced and any other relevan tinformation which could be helpful.

Thanks in advance for the valuable inputs.

Regards

Gaurav Kumar Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

We recently upgraded from SP05 to SP07. While I do not recall any issues, I do have some recommendations.

• If your shop adhers to standard SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) standards, then treat this upgrade no different from a code change. When performing an upgrade, alway apply the SP to a DEMO region. Do a full regression test - make sure you didn't break anything. This will give you a chance to see any issues and to open messages for resolutions.

• Make sure to retain a copy of the prior version's install files in case you need to completely uninstall and start over.

• ALWAYS archive before applying the SP and after the SP.

In other words, be safe and don't be afraid to move forward.

Regards,

Travis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Read this SAP Note - Note 1487853 - SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 SP07 Release

or refer the link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/4d/885f32b97d14aee10000000a42189c/content.htm

Similaryly read for SP06 fixes at - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm71/helpdata/en/be/e0048b426b4c20957078b61ec71e46/content.htm

These links gives you an idea of what all changes are going to come into your new system. So unless you upgrade to SP07 i.e. the latest version and test it in DEV/Sandbox environment you should not plan to move ahead in Production. This is always recommended but there is very less chance that the already working solution will not work as expected after the upgrade.

Thanks,

Shambhu.