cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to generate an Inspection lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus & Experts,

We are into repetitive manufacturing process and have been using quality mngt module for while. things were going good until two weeks when we started having problems in generating Inspection lots. Inspection lots are not created at all. i belive the possible reason could be the EHP 5 which we started using since last two weeks. Dear friends i would highly appreciate your response

good day

sayeed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayeed,

EHP5 shouldnu2019t be issue, rather it is equipped with many more functionalities.

One of the probable reasons for lots not getting generated could be NO assignment of 04 inspection type in material master.

Kindly ensure you assign this type in QM view of material master through MM02. The do production activity. You can explore QA08 also if you have to assign this in mass to several materials.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Anand,

Thanks for your prompt response, The inpecption type 4 as you have said is already assigned to the material and i can even see stock in the MMBE as stock under inspection but inspite all this no lot is being generated. i even doubted if number ranges might overlap. but all seems ok . kindly help me out.

regards

sayeed

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sayeed,

Kindly excuse me! I do have a confusion here.

1. Whether the new inspection lots are not getting generated after MFBF or you want inspection lot to get generate for the stock that is lying in quality inspection?

2. These 2 are separate events and have different solutions.

3. I guess you want to clear the material from quality inspection to unrestricted and while doing so, you are unable to find its inspection lot.

4. If this is the case, go to QVM2 transaction code. Input appropriate material and plant code. Remove date restriction and execute.

5. You will get related inspection lot (s). Select it and do stock posting. This generally happens when you give UD without stock posting.

6. If you donu2019t find any information in QVM2, try executing 321 movement through MB1B

I donu2019t think its number range issue.

Regards,

Anand Rao