cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Data Protector integration after upgrading to MaxDB 7.8.02.25

Former Member
0 Kudos

After upgrading a SAP system to MaxDB 7.8.02.25, everything seemed to work fine with the Data Protector integration (6.11 and 6.20 both worked). Backups were made, "Check configuration" says "Integration is properly configured". Now we tried to restore a backup, but when we try to select a target database, the selection box "Restore to instance" says "Error!" instead of the database SID. We couldn't find any log files which could help solving this issue.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally, HP managed to offer a patch for Data Protector 6.20 - everything is fine now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think we had the same problem after we upgraded to MaxDB 7.8.x. on our Linux systems. It was about 6 months ago. We asked the HP support and they told us that 7.8. is not yet supported in combination with our DP 6.11. Nevertheless they helped us by building a new patch for us, I think we have been the first customers who had this problem. If I remember well the problem showed up when we tried to make an new backup specification, it was all right when we used existing backup specifications.

I justed looked at the actual "HP Data Protector A.06.1x Platform and integration support matrix" from october 2011, and it says according MaxDB 7.8 and Linux:

"Supported with Data Protector 6.11 with the following patches: PHSS_42020/PHSS_42019/DPLNX_00153/DPSOL_00447"

For Windows (32bit) it says:

Supported with Data Protector 6.11 with the following patch:DPWIN_00502

I don´t know what OS you are using. We have Linux, and patching DP helped us.

I hope this helps.

Frank Sievering