cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I'm doing my first installation, I'm installing a Solution Manager system using the MS SQL database and I have this error:

Phase: Start Instance

An error occurred while processing option SAP Solution Manager 7.1 > SAP Systems > MS SQL Server > Central System > Central System( Last error reported by the step :ABAP processes of instance SM1/DVEBMGS00 [ABAP: UNKNOWN] did not start after 10:10 minutes. Giving up.). You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose Log Files to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/SOLMAN71/SYSTEM/MSS/CENTRAL/AS.

Your help will be very much appreciated, thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please provide us detailed error log file.

It will help us to find out the solution.

Regards,

Kiran .V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

Thanks guys my system is up and running. Thank you very much for your help

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please, check correct working of the message server/port - sapserv8/3900

Or check settings of profile parameters:

rdisp/msserv

rdisp/msserv_internal

The external message server port uses the parameter rdisp/msserv with default value 36<nn>, where <nn> is the instance number of the ABAP message server instance.

The internal message server port uses the parameter rdisp/msserv_internal with default value 39<nn>, where <nn> is the instance number of the ABAP message server instance.

Also check your dev_disp file and follow the recomendations of note 1054467 if you have that sympthon.

Best regards,

Guilherme

Edited by: Guilherme Balbinot on Nov 1, 2011 12:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to provide us with the contents of the last updated files from the SAPInst installation directory.

In addtion check the dev_disp and dev_w0 logs in ..\usr\sap\<sid>\DVE..\work folder.

Regards,

Srikishan