cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication channel scheduling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to schedule MDM PI Sender communication channel. The requirement is that the channel should be active only on last three weekdays of the month and first three weekdays of the month.

I am aware of the feature 'Planning Availability Times' in PI from SP19 (source ). But using this we can schedule for a particular day of the month like 1st day or 2nd day etc.

Is there any way to achieve this requirement? Please note that the channel should work only on WEEKDAYs.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Regards,

Prasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Prasad,

WE have an option to start/stop CC's using a URL externally (you can write a script or java program where you can put your date logic and call the URL).

Check the following blogs and you will get a better understanding:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/0c86aab4d14dece10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor

Best option is to write the script and control the communication channel externally ... Puneet already provided the link to control externally. That should help. Also in addition when you write script .. use Wget command as follows.

Example:

wget http(s)://host:port/AdapterFramework/ChannelAdminServlet?party=party&service=service&channel=channel&action=action

Where action = start or stop.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decided to go with availability planning feature and scheduling the channel for one year duration by excluding those days that we donu2019t want the channel to be active.

Thanks for all your responses.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for your valuable inputs.

I will try triggering the HTTP URL by making the channel 'External On'. I will let you know my findings.

Regards,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

In PI we have only Avalability Time Planning option. you sending data from R3 system in R3 system we have an option like schedule the JOB using T-code SM36, here you specify the time.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As in PI there is no calendar associated to Availibity-time planning, I think it's not possible in PI.

But you can put the mode "external on" on your sender CC (see RWB -> CC monitoring).

After that, you can trigger externally this sender CC, in fact calling an HTTP address... from by example an ECC program.

And use an abap job to schedule this program according to your calendar.

Regards.

Mickael

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

Sorry to disapoint you, as per my knowledge we dont have any such option.

Regards,

Raj