cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple files into a single file without using IR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My scenario is MDM-File without using the Integration repository.

The files are polled from MDM, every day at a particular time and I need to send the multiple files as a single file .

Could anyone suggest me to do the above stated scenario?

Thanks in Advance,

Regards,

Lavanya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can set the FileConstructingMode as Append then All the Files that are coming from the sender will be appended as Single File on the target side

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes if your input source is not required for mapping then you can go without bpm. Use append mode on the file channel to append the files. Otherwise you have to go for BPM and mapping logic required to merge the input source file. Shiladitya and Punit already mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

Its only possible if we are not required to do any mapping in PI and the structure of the input/output file is flat and same.

If this is the case then you can simply create the ID objects and make sure you set the mode in the receiver file communication channel as "Append".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

The files are polled from MDM, every day at a particular time and I need to send the multiple files as a single file .

its not possible to do merging with out BPM.for merging files you can go with BPM.

regards,

ganesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your output file is a text file, use the append mode in the receiver file adapter to append all files to a single file.

If you need to append files for each day, try use dynamic filename along with append mode. Set the filename dynamically in mapping containing the date. This way, one file is created for each day.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavayna,

It is not possible to do without the IR Objects. You have to use multimapping with corelation to acheive this case.

Regards,

SD