cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Screen output without connection to user" by using standart Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an WebDynpro input feld with Search Healp. The Search help is a standart dictionary search Help (standart Search Help for equnr data element). When I try to use this search help it dumped with a message "Screen output without connection to user".

Have any one an idea what is wrong?

Best regards,

Bogdan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This generally happens when function is trying to output information to a screen. Refer

Thanks,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

thx for your fast antwort. I thought a serach help in WebDynpro environsment have a kind of connection to screen (an answer is translated to html and send to browser). Is only a subset of dictionary serch helps capably to use in Webdynpro?

Regards,

Bogdan

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is only a subset of dictionary serch helps capably to use in Webdynpro?

Yes. Any serach help that uses a call screen, generally via a search help exit, isn't going to be compatible with Web Dynpro ABAP. You can't use classic dynpro screen mechanisms from within Web Dynpro ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

thx for your answer.

0 Kudos

Hi thomas,

Am also facing the similar problem, which my issue is to call the Search help "EQUI".The EQUI search help having the "Included search helps" of around around 15. In that most them are works fine, in some of them it is calling the directly the SAP Std Transaction(screen).Which i cant handle this WDA screen.

so please help me to resolve this, though we cant able to write the report for the standard transaction which is very complex

Answers (0)