cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrdation from PI 7.11 to PI 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are currently working on a Support Project based on SAP PI 7.11 server.

We have some 200+ interfaces in Production Server, and using AS2, SFTP ( Advanco ) , AAE interfaces.

Our customer wants it to be upgraded to PI 7.3.

They mentioned "They read from somwhere that only Scenarios using Advanced Adapter Engine can be upgraded to 7.3 ".

So please let us know whether this is correct or not, and also provide some information regarding prerequisites for upgradation and the upgradation process.

Regards,

Abhilash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

First your customer have to decide what kind of installtion is looking for like Single stack(JAVA) or Standard PI version?

1)if he is going for dual stack then all your interfaces would work no need to worry at all .

2)If he is going for JAVA stack then you have to develop all ccBPM interfaces once again in PI 7.3 single stack.SAP BPM is replacement for ccBPM .

i would suggest you to go for SAP PI 7.3 EHP1(release planned this month),but PI 7.3 ehp1 comes with single stack model .

Pls contact SAP.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply.

My client wants to go for PI 7.3 (java stack only) up gradation .

As I have mentioned in my earlier post we have around 200 interfaces .

1. Around 150 AAE based Scenarios ( sender side is ABAP Proxy )

2. Around 10 are BPM based Scenarios.

3. Around 5 are Adapter Module based Scenarios.

4. Rest are AS2, SFTP, SOAP, File Scenarios.

So please can you tell me, after up gradation all these above types of scenarios will work on PI 7.3 or for that we need to do some additional setting or changes as it is java stack only.

If we upgrade will the objects be remain the same?

Reply as soon as you can.

Thanks,

Abhilash

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

only ccBPM based scenarios need redevelopment in PI 7.3 JAV stack instalation, reamaining all suff you can trasport and will work in 7.3 single stack.

Before that deploy third party adapters correctly and perfrom integration testing of all scenarion in Quality envioronment .

AAE scenarios --- Small correction required in Configuration.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply.

You mentioned except ccBPM scenarios other scenarios we can transport to PI 7.3 from PI 7.1 as it is.

So could you please confirm for proxy scenarios whether we need to configure soap adapter because XI adapter is not available in PI 7.3 java stack and let me know if any other changes is required for proxy related scenarios.

Thanks,

Abhilash

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, proxy scnearios will use internally SOAP calls, so you have change Configuration for all proxy scenarios.

After moving all scenarios better to test all interfaces once again (some times upgradation not smooth we can expect different kind of errors).

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash

We can upgrade all scenarios to PI7.3.

PI 7.3 options:

1) Java only version (it is possible to use new java based IDoc and HTTP adapters with this version)

2) ABAP and Java (same as current 7.1 release)

You will be able to install whichever option suits your need.

Few more details

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/library/uuid/4096a6b3-3dc3-2d10-bf87-f63d5340a916

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-pi73#section1

Thanks,

Bhupesh