Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control is activated when subsequent release of Budget CJ32

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAPer,

Woudl any of you be able to advise me on the subsequent release of the project budget?

We have a project, which has already been posted with actual expenditure without Budget amount populated. So the availability

control is in active. However, now we need to subsequently assign budget and release via CJ32, however, the system does not allow the release of budget by error message

WBS element AZ11M budget exceeded

Message no. BP604

I have read OSS: 947069 - Availability control if budgets or releases are changed and my scenario should be case 2: Budget availability control is not active but by releasing the budget newly.

Please could you advise whehter or not it is possible to subsequently activate Budget control for the project that are already expensed and if possible, how to

Kind regards

taro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Taro,

It is possible to subsequently activate Budget control for the project that already has been assigned cost.

Kindly ensure whether the budget availability control has been maintained on overall or annual basis (TCode OPS9, Block: Availability Control). In both cases the budget should be greater than the assigned cost (there is a good article on SDN Wiki that explains the concept of assigned cost).

Based on your description it seems the budget is checked for released amount so therefore the released amount should be greater than the assigned value which is visible in CJ32 screen. You may view the detailed error description to determine the amount by which the budget is getting exceeded.

We encountered a similar situation in one of our projects where released budget was getting checked on an annual basis. We only needed to ensure that there was sufficient budget (greater than the assigned value) being released for the requisite fiscal year. Any assigned cost for previous fiscal years was ignored in budget check.

Regards,

Ammar

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

thanks for the quick response on this.

The budget profile is set for Annual budget and release amount. Already actual expenditure has been posted amounting to GBP 438696.30 and am trying to subsequently upload/release the budgt to 1000000.00 after spent is already posted. The budget amount is is far greater than the amount spent.

The error description says the budget is exactly exceeded by the above amount of GBP 438696.30 at the first level of WBS elements

Still the error is poppod out. Please any of you advise me how to work around to this?

Kind regards

taro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly confirm in which year the actual was posted and in which year you are trying to release the budget. Also ensure on which WBS the actual cost was posted and whether there is sufficient budget in that WBS for the relevant fiscal year. You can use report S_ALR_87013558 and S_ALR_87013560 for this.

The error indicates that there is no budget (i.e. no budget release) on the WBS for the specific fiscal year where the actual has been posted, hence the entire actual amount is shown as exceeding budget.

If this doesn't help you determine the cause of the problem trying reconstructing the database and availability control (CJEN & CJBN) and then try to release the budget.

Regards,

Ammar

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The error description says the budget is exactly exceeded by the above amount of GBP 438696.30 at the first level of WBS elements

>

It seems you are distributing the budget and there is nothing available as distributable to the WBSE where actual cost has incurred / posted.

Answers (0)