cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit costing for materials assigned to activity - for material cost plannin

0 Kudos

The requirement is that material cost to the company will vary depending upon the project/customer. Eg.: Material cost = basic material cost + a % for P&F + 2 % for Clearance + a % for excise + 2 % for insurance + a % for Customs

It can be a % or a lump-sum value. It can be all the components listed or part of them. This will be project specific.

Hence the following preference for material cost planning is required:

1. Material cost based on quotation or Purchase order - If quote/PO is not available, then

2.Material cost based on unit costing done for the material in the project - If this is not available, then

3. material cost from material master depending on price indicator i.e. Std cost or Moving average price

We are working with valuated project stock.

SAP Help says"

"Prices are calculated in one of the following ways:

u2022 Using the strategy in the valuation variant

u2022 Manually, using the invoicing plan

u2022 Using unit costing"

But how to get the cost as per the priority required when these three options are there is not clear.

I have tried to work with valuation variant in the costing variant assigned to Network. No valuation strategy explicitly refers to unit costing of material.

During various testings, at times, unit costing of material gets updated as planned cost; at times not. What triggers in also not clear.

Pl. clarify

Thanks and regards

A.Saravanan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to go for a work around in the valuation variant.

> 1. Material cost based on quotation or Purchase order - If quote/PO is not available, then

> 2.Material cost based on unit costing done for the material in the project - If this is not available, then

> 3. material cost from material master depending on price indicator i.e. Std cost or Moving average price

>

>

1) Use either purchasing info record or maintain it in the Costing Tab 2 of the material master as planned price 1 or planned price 2 and use it.

2) Please maintain a Z Table and use user exit in the valuation variant to pick from Z table.

3) it is normal to pick from material.

0 Kudos

Hi.

Thank you for your response. There was one inconsistent behaviour in the system. For one material I made unit costing in the project and value was Rs.1500. while material master value is Rs.1000.

As I was trying with various options in the valuation variant of plan-cost varaint, system updated the unit cost. I had all 5 options maintained in strategy sequence. Then i tried to 'zero-in' on the strategy sequence. Thereafter the unit costing value did not appear for other materials for which I have maintained unit costing. However the first material still shows the value from unit costing in the activity cost details.

Two things puzzle me.

1. How come unit costing updating happned once?

2.How come SAP does not have a standard process to address this? SAP documentation very clearly mentions that unit costing for material components can be done for planning the cost. As per SAP note 135182 - unit costing ignored - Issue is corrected in Release 4.5B

We are implementing ECC6

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos

Hi All

I have psoted to service market place and got the reply; we have implemented also.

there were 2 suggestiosn:

1. Valuation price with user exit - (EXIT_SAPLCK21_002) - This user exit has to be implemented; we have implemented - it is working. But this is taking effect when overhead calculation is done - this we rae managing that way now

2. Alternatively you can try to use BAdI VALUATION_CK.: This BADI is not editable by us now; SAP has not released for our editing!

The problem is solved although

There is one more clarification required:

As SAP Help documentation: -> Unit costing is used instead of strategy sequence, but not in between steps of strategy.

How to get this done ? right now we are using the strategy - inbetween steps of strategy with user exit

Thanks and regards

A.Saravanan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

The unit costing for material has been implemented using user exit - based on reply from SAP service market palce