cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output tables not filled with BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using VC NW04s SPS08 with a 4.7 R/3 instance. I am doing a simple of concept by trying to enter time entries using BAPI BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT. I tested it with the SAP front end and to check my input data and everything is fine. So I used the same input data in the table Catsrecords In (flip as an input) with a simple one BAPI scenario with VC. I check the VC debugger and the J2EE logs and my data is sent correctly to the bapi , but my returning structures :

Catsrecords Out Table

Extensionout Table

Return Table are empty.

When I tried with a BAPI_CATIMESHEETRECORD_GETLIST my Catsrecords Out Table structure is correctly filled.

I have 2 questions :

What should I do to ensure that the BAPI is really processing my data and how to be able to get something in my output tables.

Question 2: Is there a way to debbug on the R/3 side, to capture what the bapi realyy receive and debug it step by step .

Thanks a lot in advance and I will reward every answer to its value

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

SPS09 of VC did fix the problem

Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Did you complete build your application using BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT?

I'm working on a model to allow our users to submit time via VC and would like to understand how you used the BAPI in your model.

Thanks,

Shawn

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent

It is pretty difficult to debug a BAPI on the VC side so you will have to run BAPI or RFC traces on the back end you BASIS colleagues should be able to help you. What kind of structures does you bapi return, please remember that VC does not support nested tables and this may be one reason why the data is not returned.

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

Thanks for the hint about the debugging, I am goint to try it right away since that's the only way. My bapi BAPI_CATIMESHEETMGR_INSERT returns theses tables :

The standard BAPIreturn structure which is a not-nested structure and it is empty.

Here's the list of the tables

CATSRECORDS_IN LIKE BAPICATS1 Data Import - This is the table I am using as input table. The XML debug trace shows it is filled by VC . The RFC trace will tell me if the BAPI receives it as it

CATSRECORDS_OUT LIKE BAPICATS2 Data Export - This an output table not filled when I check the VC debug trace, the number of entries is zero.

EXTENSIONOUT LIKE BAPICATS7 Customer Enhancement Export - This is an output table not filled when I check the VC debug trace, the number of entries is zero.

WORKFLOW_TEXT LIKE SOLISTI1 Workflow Text -not applicable

RETURN LIKE BAPIRET2 Confirmations - This is the table with returned messages also not nested but not filled by the bapi when return to the VC

LONGTEXT LIKE BAPICATS8 Long Text Format - not applicable.

I am wandering is VC SPS08 can support any tables FLIP as Input tables at all . According to OSS 950370 it is not possible but maybe I misinterpreted it Here it is , it is an unreleased note

SAP Note No. 950370 31.08.2006 Page 1

Number 950370

Version 3 from 28.06.2006

Status In Process

Set on 28.06.2006

Language EN

Master language EN

Short text After flipping a BAPI's in/out ports, data is not

retrieved

Responsible Guy Kirschbaum

Component EP-VC

Visual Composer

Long text

Symptom

Flipping a port that can be used as Input and Output (In/Out port) is

not possible.

When a modeler flips an in/out port (for example an Output port to be an

Input port) of a data service (such as BAPI or Web service), the

resulting application does not provide the expected results (for

example, the port that was flipped to be an Output port instead of an

Input port does not return results).

Other terms

data, BAPI,input tables,flip, input / output ports,

Reason and Prerequisites

Solution

Fixed in Visual Composer 7.00 SPS09

Thanks Again for your answer.

vincent

former_member193545
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI

The note is correct and the problem with the flip port will be fixed for SP9 which should be released at the end of this month, I am not 100% sure about the release date.

Jarrod Williams

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jarrod,

NW04s SPS09 is now availlable, I will test it tomorow to see if it solve the problem for good, I will post a message to let the community know.

Vincent