cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AppServerHost does not exist...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've made a potalapplication, but whenever I want to view it in my browser I get this error:

[InvalidOperationException: The key 'Destination1.AppServerHost' does not exist in the appSettings configuration section.]

System.Configuration.AppSettingsReader.GetValue(String key, Type type) +467

Search.PortalComponent1.InitializeComponent()

Search.PortalComponent1.OnInit(EventArgs e)

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +233

System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +185

System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +153

SAP.Portal.Web.UI.PageComponent.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +152

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +27

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +731

What have I done wrong???

Thanks in advance

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are using a component that tries to read data from Web.config - which is not possible in a portal app. Most likely it's a component that has some properties mapped as so called dynamic properties: check the controls'/ components' properties if you see a cyan colored icon beneath the property name. Unbind the property.

For the case that you are trying to use a SAP .NET Conector Destination (which automatically binds some properties): Don't use it but instead use the special PortalDestiantion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer! 🐵

I'm using sap .net connector 2.0 and portal .net development kit 1.0... I'm quite new in this, so can you explain how I use the special portal destination?

/Michael

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the PDK there come some tutorials that should describe what to do. Shortly sayd, you need to do the following steps:

- In Portal define the SAP System you want to connect and give them some Alias names.

- In Server Explorer make the Aliases visible on the "Destinations" subnode of the portal node.

- Drag the destination to your Portal Application.

- Set the Connection property of your proxy to use the newly dropped portal destination.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again... I'll try it out... ;o)

I'll let you know if I get it right...

Thanks

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

There I've got it right... Thanks alot for your help!

/Michael

former_member374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

You are thanking a poster for his answer.

Please next time also give him points.

See: /people/mark.finnern/blog/2004/08/10/spread-the-love

This time I did it for you.

Remember: When you ask a question you also assume the responsibility to assign points.

Please check your other questions and if the answers were good. Spread the love and give some points.

Thanks in advance, Mark.

Answers (0)