cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship of MA and Contract document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I'm learning how to develop workflow for approving contract. I need to know how the MA and Contract Document work. So when i try to create Contract Document , there is a input to select the MA template. So, when i try to create the MA there is a tab for the Contract Document. I guess that there should be relationship between MA and Contract Document. I want to ask you the following question.

1. Do MA and Contact Document have dependency on each other?

2. When creating Contact Document, is it mandatory to have MA as a parent document?

3. I have seen in example code when developer want to manipulate on Contract Document ex. Save , change phase , add approve, They always get Parent IBean from the Contract Document to do that?

P.S Could you please provide the tutorial link or blog for clearly understanding on MA and Contract Document.

Noppong,

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are some answers:

1. Do MA and Contact Document have dependency on each other?

Yes, they are related.

Master Agreement document is the parent( or container) for contract document and they share a associative relationship. A Master agreement document can have one or more Contract documents associated with it. In an assoiciative relationship, the lifecycle of documents are decoupled. Which means master agreement and contract document lifecycles are decoupled, meaning a contract doucment can be edited by one user and a master agreement can be edited by another user at the same time.

2. When creating Contact Document, is it mandatory to have MA as a parent document?

Yes. contract document cannot stand alone

3. I have seen in example code when developer want to manipulate on Contract Document ex. Save , change phase , add approve, They always get Parent IBean from the Contract Document to do that?

Because of the relationship, contract document refers to the collaborators in the master agreement/agreement . Contract document supports workflow, where as the master agreement document doesn't.

Thanks, Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Baski,

Can you please help clarify more questions.

1. Normally, when creating a Contract Document workflow all approver should be collected in the Collaborators collection of MA,right? Let's say that i create the Contract Document which has the validation script to choose approvers depending on totaol amount of contract. The approver must be collected in the Collaborators collection of MA (Parent Doc), not in the Collaborators collection of Contract Document itself.

2. When i add an approver in PreScript, Does it automatically send mail to the approver or do i need to implement the script to send mail?

Thank you,

Noppong

Edited by: Noppong Jinbunluphol on Nov 1, 2011 8:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, that's correct!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Baski

Answers (0)