Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATP and product allocation

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to carry out product allocation check at component level during sales order creation.

But during the allocation check system is checking allocation quantities of the parent material (sales order material).

What is the governing factor (e.g. product allocation procedure) at component level which triggers the consideration of allocation quantities maintained at component level (in DP planning book).

e.g. In APO availability check shows following

ATP / material A

>> schedule line 0001

>> Components of ATP

>> material B >> Product allocation = 100.

As mentioned, here the allocation quantity 100 is maintained against parent material A where as as per my understanding it should consider allocations maintained at component material B which is required.

For information : The same allocations are getting considered when I create sales order for the component. (Check Mode is 011) just to ensure if the settings are correct.

Regards,

RS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the allocation DP planning book, you maintained the allocation quantity at material A level and you have maintained the product allocation procedure at material B level....right?

Then the allocation is actually to the component material for the production of material A. So, the system behavior is correct only.

Also please check whether is CTP is active in the check instruction of the header material A.

Please check and revert.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

former_member566355
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

CTP is not active.

Allocation procedure is assigned to component.

In DP planning book allocation quantity is also maintained for component whch is 80.

So in the availability results overview, system should consider 80 and not 100 units for confirming quantities for parent material.

Awaiting your inputs..

Regards,

RS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you maintained allocation qty at both FG and component level?

If yes what is the purpose of the same?

Also have you maintained allocation procedure at both FG and component product master?

Regards,

Ashok