cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call program + variant on a remote server? Some relevant issues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Suppose I am working on a server: LServer client:001.

I want to call the program "zabc_test_report" with variant "var_01" in another server RServer client 002.

Suppose the RFC Destination for LServer is created and setup to remote server RServer.

Before execution, I need to configure the remote program + variant in my local server, LServer. Questions:

1. How to fetch the program names list from RServer for F4 help utity? With the list, I can choose the report name, not input. Is there any existing function modules for this utility?

2. How to fetch the existing vairable names list for report "zabc_test_report" in the remote server RServer? Is there any existing function modules for this utility?

3. Is it possible to create a new vairable for the report "zabc_test_report" in remote server RServer? Is there any existing function modules for this utility?

During execution, I need to get the result back to local server LServer. Question:

1. How to get the remote program+variant's run result? Is there any existing function modules for this utility?

2. How to get the job log, and spool list? Is there any existing function modules for this utility?

Thanks a lot.

Miao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Miao,

The variants are stored in the table VARI and VARID.

VARI

VARICON

VARID

VARIDESC

VARINUM

VARIS

VARIT

Refer SAP note 140111 Table Control: Copying user settings

These SAP notes talks about the restoring variants during upgrade

712297 Short dumps occur if you restore variants when upgr

626408 Upgrade: Restoring variants during the release upgr

Regards,