cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replication Based Development question

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I am trying to understand the replication based development in SUP 2.0. However i have couple of questions;

1] Do i need to add any or major part of the Generated Code when i actually use it in BB, iOS or in .NET framework to actually get in action ?

2] Does SAP requires only Replication Based Deployment for its app or in workflow ?

Thanks & regards

Yogesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

1- Replication based Deployment supported for Blackberry and WM applications.

2- Message Based Deployment supported for IOS and Workflow applications.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

Thanks for that info, however i know about that. What i am looking for is ; Is It mandatory for the BAPI or RFC based MBO & eventually SAP EIS based apps to be developed in RBS type ?

But i think it must not be the case as then while using in iOS i had to convert the Native APP into the Workflow & into MBS type.

Also when we choose RBS type & WF app do we need to add or edit the generated code for any type of MBO's ? Thats what i am looking as i am facing trouble while using BAPI & even RFC's in MBS type in the APP with bunch of errors.

I wish you could be of some help in this aspect.

Best Regards

Yogesh

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you provide some more detail about trouble that you are having ? What type of development are trying to do i mean native or workflow ?

Well, if you are developing workflow applications you don't need to generate code just set the deploy type as MBS..

If you are developing native applications you need generated code API and the deployment type depens on your device type.

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I eventually will develop the Native APP as my business requirement is complex & I want more functionality in app than i can get it in workflow to be honest.

But to start up with testing the Standard BAPI & the RFC's i am getting errors as below;[When i refer BAPI its BAPI_PO_GETITEMSREL]

1] System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime.

I am getting this error for RFC based on BAPI_PO_GETITEMSREL & also standard BAPI for PO_GETLIST. Also as i said to start up i did not added to many info in RFC just added 2 fileds of Delivery Date & Reason code so that i can handle them in UI to process the further navigation. But I am just stuck up as why its happening. Because i can see everything in preview as i want

2] <<Pass on the release group when invoking the method>> = But I am actually supplying the REL_GROUP & REL_CODE to the BAPI; i am using here SAP standard purchase order bapi, called BAPI_PO_GETITEMSREL

3] Error getting SAP template for ZBAPI_PO_GETITEMSREL. I have no idea why this is the case.

At first i thought may be SUP is parsing some NULL value in any of filed while its connecting to EIS but there are none NULL items in the MBO.

4] Field NUMBER is not a member of BAPIRETURN. This is the error for both RFC & Standard BAPI.

5] And when i tried to see IF AT ALL i can get it work with FLIGHTS BAPI still i am getting error when i use the MBS workflow for simple app.

here the error is "java.io.IOException:JASON:expected character,found EOF "

But here its just 1 difference that I could see the list of flights in iOS simulator only once since then i am getting this error.

Wel.. i guess lot of errors i have mentioned.. Hope you could be of great assistance.

Best Regards

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh

I know this is a year old but did you resolve this issue? I am having a similar challenge here.

Regards

Ayo