cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Activation of Standard BC Set(S) for a AC Upgrade project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are upgrading our GRC AC 5.3 system to 10.0.But we decided to migrate only our RAR ruleset & CUP workflow related data only.

In the migration guide it is mentioned as activation of relevant BC set(s) is pre requisite for migrating the 5.3 data.

Will there be any issues if we directly migrate the 5.3 data with out activating the corresponding sap delivered BC sets, in case we don't need sap provided data?

or

Do we need to activate the required standard BC sets first & then migrate the required 5.3 data with overwrite (hope append is not suitable) option into 10.0 system?

I assume logically 1st option is preferable. But just wanted to confirm whether any specific case that is mentioned below requires 2nd option or not.

I feel the 2nd option is suitable if migration of some data of 5.3 is not supported and that missing standard data is provided standard BC sets.

Will be looking for your suggestions on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ram,

Activation of BC sets is mandatory without which GRC 10.0 application would not be able to recognize the old data from 5.3. Also note that activation of BC sets is not reversible i.e. once installed , they cannot be uninstalled. So acitvate only those BC sets which are relevant.

BR

Vishal Padiyar

simon_persin4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I recommend following the advise that has already been given, however, if you are already using your own ruleset, be careful not to activate the ruleset BC sets otherwise you will be adding all of the standard rulesets content ontop of your existing one.

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP Post Installation and migration guide (page10) clearly talks about,

Do not activate the GRC_MSMP_CONFIGURATION BC set before completing the

data migration process. You need to activate this BC set after migrating the data.

Further, as others have pointed out, in case you are planning to use existitng Rule book, the Rule book relevant BC sets should not be activated.

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ram,

Activate the relevant BC sets first. This is because activating BC sets first will make 10.0 understand where the corresponding data from 5.3, whic you are importing should sit in, into the 10.0 tables.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Hersh.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to activate BC set first and then you should do the migration as mentioned in the upgrade guide.

Thanks

Sunny