cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Travel Expense to Workflow link?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The users want a report which they can put in a trip number and see where the workflow for that trip is in the process. Up to this point we've made travel reports and workflow reports but never linked them. I can't seem to figure out how they link. Has anyone done this before or have any idea how to link the two? I was hoping it was simple like a field in SWWWIHEAD and PTRV_HEAD that would tie but it's not that easy after all.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try the workflow forum and see if anyone there knows. I tried to debug it yesterday but after an hour of getting no where I gave up. I know you can see the workflows from within the trip so there has to be a link but finding that link is brutal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That note says 'cannot be implimented' but it doesn't appear to help. The note looks like a workflow to trip link but we're trying for a trip to workflow link.

Ideally what they want is to be able to enter a trip number in the program and see the last step on the current workflow for that trip. I just can't seem to figure out how it links the workflows to the trip in the tables or with a function module.

0 Kudos

I get the requirement now!..the note I suggested is most probably implemented but it outlines how the binding is done for trip/pernr etc for workflow mails.

I havent come across a similar scenario for trip to workflow to reflect status in that way, but will have a further look into it.. but I think you will need to enlist the help of expert workflow person for this one 😕

0 Kudos

Hi David

How about the bindings in note 1055416?

You;d have to customize your workflow accordingly too as these are the standard templates delivered showing status:

Approve Travel Request

Automatically Approve Travel Requests

Approve Travel Plan

Automatically Approve Trips

Approve Trip

Mail: Trip on Hold

Mail: Trip has been Settled

Mail: Trip has been Transferred to FI

Does this help at all?

Sally