cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I search for details in job log files

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm looking for a specific entry in the job log. I don't know when it was written (other than the date), to find the log without trial and error, I need a specific time to open the correct one in IDC.

The entry was written by the modifyADSuser pass and it would have an userID tag in the log file but there are many hundreds a day for me to hunt through. If I could find where identity center pulls the log files from I could either use a SQL select (if it's held in the database) or text search (if it's held in a folder) to zero in on the correct log file. Does anyone know where the information that's shown in the IDC job logs is stored?

Thanks,

Pete

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Job Logs are stored in MC_LOG, but the long text is Base64 encrypted, so not "easily" searchable.

The desired number of Sys Logs are stored in table MC_SYSLOG

BR

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks for the response, I checked MC_LOGS and that looks to be the same detail that is available in the management console, basically the rows displayed in the job log. Do you know the table relationship after MC_LOGS, what's the tale name for the data (even if encrypted) that details each pass etc?

Thanks,

Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The details are contained in the column LOG_DATA, but, as I said, it's Base64 encrypted.

In the IdM Framework you could use the generic user function uFromBase64 to decrypt this, but you won't be able to filter these LOG_DATA with a, SQL-SELECT.

BR

Michael

0 Kudos

Thanks Michael, I hadn't noticed that CLOB column, my management console was automatically hiding it from the select. Your help is much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Pete.