cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement Purchasing via SAP Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May i ask for assistance on how to implement Purchase Requisitions (at least) via SAP Portal? Is there a reference book from SAP Press that I can buy to help me guide?

Thanks in advance,

M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Melanie,

You can do the following

1) Create Purchase requisition screen with relevant and required fields using Java code in SAP Portal.

2) Create JCO connection from Portal to backend ECC using JAVA code

3) Include BAPI/Fuction module in JAVA code which will perform creation of Purchase requisition in backend ECC using the inputs from Purchase requisition screen in SAP Portal.

4) All the required authentication can be built in SAP Portal using JAVA code or you can have UME established in backend ECC system thereby facilitating authentication in ECC System.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Deepak... just another question though, would it also work if i use ABAP instead of JAVA?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can do that with ABAP as well.

Thanks

Sunny

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In case you want to you use ABAP stack, I would suggest you to go with SAP Netweaver Gateway.

It has inbuilt screen development tools using which you can create abap webdynpros which are lighter and consume less resources. It can interact with other SAP systems using RFCs. Also you can create webservices which can be consumed in external portal systems as well.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Answers (0)