Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

custom loon & feel for webdynpro table UI element

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a webdynpro application which has a set of tables to display the data. But the user doesnt want to use the Table element privided by sap webdynpro and wants it to be replaced by a table that looks more like a simple HTML table. The navigation buttons (which show the number rows and buttons to go to next record / page) available with the standard table element should be available to this html-like table also.

I was wondering if there any theme that we can apply to webdynpro table element so that it looks like a html table.

If it is not possible to change the standard table ement's look-n-feel, can you please let me know of the alternative approaches of showing data in table controls which lok more like html tables using webdynpro java. The application is alredy developed and I have to change the look-&-feel of the table elemtns only. the rest of the application's functionality still remains the same. I can re-write the application from the scratch using JSP Dynpage but that involves a lot of effort and is a waste of time

Looking forward to hearing your valuable inputs

Kind regards,

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use Webdynpro Theme Editor for this purpose.Please find below links

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d5ef40-465e-2c10-9ca9-f548bfc3f...

Hope it helps.......

Thanks,

Rahul.

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Robin and Rahul,

Thanks for your replies.

Even if I create a custom theme how can i apply it only to my custom application. I don't want this new theme to be defaulted to all the WebDynpro applications. Only my custom application needs to use this theme while all the other application should use the standard sap theme.

In the blog above it is mentioned that some config has to be changed in visual admin which makes me think that this new theme will be used as the default theme for all the applications. If that is the case and if it is the only choice then developing a custom theme is not a agreeable choice for me and I might have to end up moving away from WebDynpro Java and opt JSPDynpage and start re-writing the whole application from the scratch which is a time consuming process.

Please advise

Thanks in advance

--

PK

Edited by: P K on Nov 1, 2011 10:43 AM

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Have a look at this blog on how to make apply a custom theme to a specific application only:

Hope this helps!

Robin

p_k3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your replies.

Even with the theme editor I am wondering if we can achieve the real html-like look & feel to the table UI element. Is it really possible to get the same look and feel as we get with plain HTML. If not I have to re-write the entire application in JSPDynpage which is a real big pain

thanks in advance

--

PK

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may want to try the theme editor and change properties & colors of the table and cell borders, headers, etc. But it might take some effort to achieve the desired look & feel...