cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return against FOC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to track the status of returnable material as a part of replacement . Business process is for a material replacement we have to issue new material as FOC and bring back the damaged material so for all FOC there should be a returnable material and the process should end by receiving the Damaged material back to stock .

Can any one help me in this

Aswin Nair

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure, how corrently, this FOC is being handled.

Assuming that there would be a separate order type, my suggestion would be as follows:-

Have copy control for your return order to return delivery in VTLA and return delivery to credit note in VTFL. In order to track the status of this, have the order reason field as a mandatory in return order.

While creating FOC order, system should validate via User exits in the program MV45AFZZ - USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT_PREPARE whether PGR is done for the return order type which you can validate via VBFA table. If subsequent document is there, system should allow to save the return order, else throw an error message.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi ,

Thank you for the response . let me back to you once i check it.

With regards

AswinNair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi ,

Thank you so much for your replay. i have worked on this and the process is bit different over here. The FOC is been issued based on a Service notification and FOC will be issued initially and then the damaged material at customer premises taking back. So they want to know the status of material not received back for the corresponding FOC. two process in carried out in single notification.

Could you help me how can we do it in SAP

With regards

Aswin

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

Did you check in CS ; Returns and repair order Processing", In that Just try in "MB11" with relevant Movement type "261" etc.

also ref. the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/e6/4a903f9e0311d189b70000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards

DSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aswin,

I asume that the FOC in the service notification is posted with goods movement 261. It becomes rather complicated that you want to indicate the status of the returned material which is still at the customer premises. But assuming this material will be returned by movement 262. The question is if the returned FOC material, should have a different valuation when taken on stock. When that is within the requirement, you can think about using the split valuation function, enabling to differentiate on stock value and also on different status based on the valuation of the returned part.

Please note, that using split valuation to be enabled on plant level, has quite some consequences that your client may not want. But that is something that has to be decided.

Kind regards, Friso

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one help me .....