cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve button is not showing up when approver group is added as approver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have created a approver group which contains two approvers and i have added this approver group as a approver for a Rfx.

Now when Rfx is going for the approval phase approval button is not appearing for none of the persons in the approver group .

Again when I am adding one single person as approver in the collaborator section , the "Approved" button is appearing.

can anyone please help me how to make "Approved " button visible for all the persons in the approver group ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sudipta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

For RFx, only users based approvers are supported. User Group and Company based approver roles doesn't have any significance

Hence if users are added as approvers directly, those users would see the "Approve" button. Users part of the User Group added as approvers doesn't see the approve button.

RFx approaval behaviour is different from approaval workflow behaviour in contract documents, projects..

Thanks,

Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Baski,

Then how can we add two users as approver in a Rfx?

Thanks

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudipta,

You can assign the role Approver to more than one user in the system for th RFx. I tested this out and both the Approvers get an "Approve RFx" button when they login to the system.

You would need to advance the phase of the RFx to "Waiting for Approval" phase. This will make the emails go out to the Approvers and also have the Approve RFx button.

I also asked one user to Approve and then tried to advance the phase. System did not allow me to advance the phase and showed the error message that 'You cannot advance the RFx from Waiting For Approval until the user xxx approves the document'

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you try adding 2 seperate users as approvers to the collaborator colleciton? Guess in that case both the users should approve to move to the next phase.

Thanks,

Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to add two users as approver but system is not allowing me.Its throughing error stating that two users can't be added for this template.

Thanks,

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For enabling multiple approvers, goto Setup > General > Collaborator Role Definitions. Clcik on the Approver link and then check the box "Allow Multiple".

This will allow you to add multiple approvers on the RFx or for any other document within E-Sourcing.

Regards,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram for replying

What I want is -

Another person ( added in the collaborator list ) will also get approval mail ( customized mail ) along with approver. But approval button should not be visible to this second person.

When approver is on leave , the second person will impersonate in the approver's account after receiving any approval mail and approve the Rfx on approver's behalf .

Now if I add the second person as read-only approver , one notification mail comes saying - "You may be required to perform a specific task" and if I change the mail template , all read-only approver's mail is changed.

I only want to have a specific mail ( mail saying that You have to approve Rfx )for the second person for approval .

Is there any way ?

Regards

Sudipta

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think that is possible. Others should chime in if they have any experience / ideas on achieving this feature.

Thanks,

Vikram Shukla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Wave 8, for objects such as contract document or projects that supports configurable workflow defntion, workflow substitution is supported in standard and the explained scenarion will work without requiring any special customizing..

Rfx is a special case that supports a legacy approval process. Here majority of the actions are hardcoded against the collaborator role type. hence there are no direct configuratoins that will allow you to do this. Here are some pointers:

- From the phase change pre-script try to change collaborators based on who is on leave. E.g. changing the user who is on leave from approaver to collab and the new user added as an approver..

- From the phase change pre-script, try sending a custom email notification..

- create a seperate schedule task, which would periodically check for unapproved RFx and see if the user is on leave or delegated and send appropriate notificatoins.

For all the above approaches, you should capture information on who is delegating in a different config object e.g. UDO.

thanks,

Baski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baski,

From the phase change pre-script try to change collaborators based on who is on leave. E.g. changing the user who is on leave from approaver to collab and the new user added as an approver..

- From the phase change pre-script, try sending a custom email notification..

Can you please help some the respective code on this ?

Regards

Sudipta