cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help Exit not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a search help exit for BBP_ADDR_BUPA_COMPANY_SHIPTO search help in SRM 7.0. I am not able to return back values through standard function module F4UT_PARAMETER_RESULTS_PUT as this is not appearing on webdynpro screen for delivery address. I have used following values in FM

CALL FUNCTION 'F4UT_PARAMETER_RESULTS_PUT'

EXPORTING

PARAMETER = 'FLOOR'

• OFF_SOURCE = 0

• LEN_SOURCE = 0

VALUE = ls_building_p

• FIELDNAME = ' '

TABLES

SHLP_TAB = shlp_tab

RECORD_TAB = record_tab

• SOURCE_TAB =

CHANGING

SHLP = shlp

CALLCONTROL = callcontrol

EXCEPTIONS

PARAMETER_UNKNOWN = 1

OTHERS = 2

Please help me out in finding the reason. Is there anything to be done in WebDynpro?

Best wishes,

Atanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you using the FM F4UT_PARAMETER_RESULTS_PUT in webdynpro to output the values?

If you want to use the search help BBP_ADDR_BUPA_COMPANY_SHIPTO then you can directly maintain the search help details in the context attribute properties

context attribute properties:

Input help mode - Dictionary search help

Dictionarty Search help - BBP_ADDR_BUPA_COMPANY_SHIPTO

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thanks for your reply. I am using standard search help only. Only thing that I have done has put a search help exit in the search help mentioned. At the RETURN event, I tried to push the output data through FM F4UT_PARAMETER_RESULTS_PUT. I did not modify anything in the context as the standard search help is already appearing in the context attribute. There it is appearing as collective search help BBP_ADDR_BUPA_SHIPTO. Can you please let me know why we are unable to push the selected value?

Best Wishes,

Atanu

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atanu,

Can you try executing the search help directly in SE11? I'm suspecting issue with the SEarch help exit. If you are not able to execute the search help exit in SE11, then you should probably raise this issue in ABAP forum.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saravanan for your great help. I have found that the import / export parameters in elementary search help and collective search help are different. I believe that is the prime reason.

I have a basic query. If there are multiple parameters returning in a search help, how will the search help parameters be interlinked with the multiple fields in WebDynpro screen? Is it based on data elements and corresponding domain?

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Atanu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>I have a basic query. If there are multiple parameters returning in a search help, how will the search help parameters be >interlinked with the multiple fields in WebDynpro screen? Is it based on data elements and corresponding domain?

You can read more about the requirements for multiple parameters here in the Integration section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/47/9f724642314aabe10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

If a search help has been defined for a field of a structure in the ABAP Dictionary, and the assignment defined in the ABAP Dictionary of search help parameter to field name of the structure is to be used for Web Dynpro value help, assign the structure name to the Dictionary Structure property. This ensures that all components of the structure are available dynamically at runtime as attributes of the node.

The basic requirement is to use the same data dictionary structure/table which is used for DDic Search Help Parameter assignment as the structure for the context node. Only then will you get automatic mapping of all exporting parameters of the search help to other attributes of this context node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for your valuable input.

Best wishes,

Atanu