Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash sales scenario

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

We in the process of changing our cash sales process collection process. For cash sale's collection now advance will be booked in system and invoice will be raised later on.. (sale order is created at the time of receipt of money ).. Its requirement to restrict further invoicing against that customer unless customer balance is Nil ,means there should be a check from SD side that no further invoice should be created unless customer previous balance is Nil. Doing so will make the clerks to clear the customer invoice and its payment on time...Please advice how to cater the same through system standard configuration.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Atif Farooq ,

in Standard,Credit management concept with OLDEST OPEN ITEM with 0 days might work in this case.

Else you have to do development to check the BSEG table of the customer code while saving the sales order.

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For cash sale's collection now advance will be booked in system and invoice will be raised later on.. (sale order is created at the time of receipt of money )..

The creation of sales order should be blocked (shouldn't be allowed for save) when there are open items for that customer. During creation of the sales oder for cash sale...system should check for the customer balance and allow only if there are no dues. System should throw an error specifying the amount that is due.

former_member211108
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

I suggest to please explore the credit check functionality for this. I am sure that the payment received in advance will be posted to the special purpose Gl of advance payments. With no credit limit granted and /or activating the checks for open items and oldest open item. System will check the credit of the customer at the time of order creation and if there is any open item then it will be blocked for further processing.

Hope this will help you.

Please try and revert back to the forum with the test results.

Thanks and Regards,

Atulkumar Dagade

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think, through standard configuration, you can achieve this requirement due to the fact that at the time of billing creation, system has to check the FI table. Either you have to add this logic to your existing routine assigned in VTFL or go with suitable billing exit like

a) USEREXIT_ACCOUNT_PREP_KOMPCV (Module pool SAPLV60A) or

b) USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP (Module pool SAPLV60A, program RV60AFZC)

G. Lakshmipathi

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx for the reply, i will check with my ABAPER and will revert back. Can you please shed some light on the best practise to cater this kind of cash sales scenario.. What options in standard we can use..

Regards

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you would be aware, the standard cash sale process is such that system will allow you to generate order related billing and receivables do not occur for the customer. Also you follow the cash sale process only where the customer pays for the goods immediately. Having said this, there should not be any outstanding.

But of course, I do understand, when practically implemented, there will be some dues in system and in order to ensure this, to my knowledge, there is no standard control and that is why, I had suggested the exits.

G. Lakshmipathi

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for the input .. You said "system will allow you to generate order related billing and receivables do not occur for the customer" ..I did not get your point..Whenever invoice is generated, receivable gets generated although its payment is posted in BSID too but it is not not cleared..

How can we uniquely identify the cash sales in system.To date our all sales are treated as normal credit sales.At first we used to have cash sales receipts deposited in FBCJ but due to lack of credit control area in it we switched all postings to F-28 and F-29..

Regards