cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mail configuration queries

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

We need to configure workflow for GRC AC & FF request approvals and need help in configuration of emails.

1. Is there anyway, this can be done via sbwp for mail exchange between sap logon users and not external systems.

2. For using scot,

I understand that first, I need to maintain mail server and port in SCOT -- > double click on SMTP --> Mail Host and Mail Port

(e.g: for yahoo: smtp.mail.yahoo.com: 25

Then, I need to have a domain defined under settings--> default domain (e.g. for yahoo : yahoo.com)

However, I might need one mail box through which scot connects to my mail server and mails are sent ?? Where can this account be configured in sap / scot ?

Also, will that system work because not all my sap users have an email account with the customer's mail server (e.g. in this case, not all users are yahoo users, some are on hotmail and gmail). Their mail address is configured in SU01.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to send mails to external domains like yahoo.com, hotmail.com etc., you have to use local mailserver for relaying the mails to those domains.

The point is, you must have control to add SAP server as a trusted hosts in your mailserver's relay properties. (that you cannot do in yahoo.com or hotmail.com mail server).

Once local mail server is in place, you can configure its hostname or IP Address in your SAP systems SCOT configuration.

If you use hostname of mailserver, make sure that SAP systems host file has entry for it.

Try this... I am sure it will work...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need to under SCOT first. In SCOT, you need to give mail server and its port only. Mail will go using this information.

Make sure that your mail server should not use authentication method because SMTP does not support authentication.

And to send emails, user shoudl have email id maintained in their profile otherwise you would not be able to send mail.

Thanks

Sunny