cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization of Web Dynpro table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Is it possible to create different views(by changing column position /hiding columns) in web dynpro table through customization?

Through user settings option of Webdynpro table, I can change the order of columns and save it. But I am not able to make it available for all users. I need some columns to be bundled together and hence can not use an ALV table. Kindly help.

Warm Regards,

Jenny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

if you want the customization to be available for all the users in the client, then you need to do implicit customization in admin mode.

For this launch the application with parameter sap-config-mode=X and then customize the table. once you save the customization, then it will be available for all the users in the same client.

http://<host>:<port>/<application path + name>&sap-config-mode=X

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thank you for the answer.I have already tried that, but I am not able to change the column order in admin mode. Moreover my requirement is that there should be more than one view available and the user need to have an option of selecting a particular view.

Warm Regards,

Jenny

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

if you want multiple views then only option left for you is to use ALV. But you mentioned that due to bundling requirement you cannot use ALV. If you can explain what exactly is this requirement then we can think of alternatives.

BR, Saravanan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I have a set of columns that should be always together and user should not change the order of these columns, Which I couldn't do through ALV.

Warm Regards,

Jenny

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jenny,

Did you check the Fixed_position & Selection_state for ALV columns? if not check out the CL_SALV_WD_COLUMN->SET_FIXED_POSITION and CL_SALV_WD_COLUMN->SET_SELECTION_STATE methods.

BR, Saravanan