cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a default user group for multiple document type's?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add same default user group for different document types when MA is created. Is there any way to setup using a single "Document Security Template"? Or I need to create different templates for different document types?

Please confirm.

Thanks,

Saloni

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

If all the MA types need to be defaulted with the same user group, then single Document Security Template should do. If the Document Type field is left blank, it applies to all MA types. Only if you need different user groups based on MA type, multiple Document Security Template are required.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I need to add the same default user group to 6 document types out of 10 types, not all. In this case what is the right way to implement?

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

Hi Saloni,

Based on what your specific requirement, it might be easier to do it with scripting.

If you are doing it using Document Security Templates, you would have to create a Document Security Template for each of the 6 MA types and assign the default group. Create another one and leave the Document Type field blank, so it will apply to the other 4 MA types that don't have a default group.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done with Document Security Template. Please confirm which is better approach.

Thanks,

Saloni

0 Kudos

If you have already created the Doc Sec Templates, I would stick with that.

Regards,

Vikram

Answers (0)