cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create object from stored procedure universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All Experts,

I am facing a problem on unable to create object dimensions on a Stored procedure universe. Fyi, I have successfully insert a stored procedure ('SP_Sales') with input parameter (@date) into universe (Universe_1). But I unable create any object based on the the stored procedured ('SP_Sales') due to it show nothing from the Edit Select Statement of 'Object1', empty for Tables nd columns windows.

Thefore, i unable to drag data in WEBI when i select univese as "Universe_1", it will not sure any object. Please advise.

I am using XI4.0, MSSQL2008.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You wont be able to edit the object definitions.

u2022 Designer generates one table per selected stored procedure (or many

tables if multiple result sets) and one object per column returned by a

stored procedure.

u2022 The result set structure is determined when you describe the function.

Please refer chapter 7(Page 451) of below document for more details.

[Universe Designer Guide|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_designer_en.pdf]

Hope this helps.

Bilahari M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billuu,

Thanks for your advice. I have download this document earlier before i create a Stored Procedure Universe. My concern is I unable drag any object from the Stored Procedure Universe that i have created in WEBI. Is it because of the universe with stored procedures have no object created? I need to use the stored procedures universe in my WEBI to drag report.

Appreciate if you may provide any recommendation or guides on how to use the stored procedures universe in my WEBI.

thanks and regards,

Angie Ng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your procedure structure similar to the one below...The example below is for oracle DB.This one is working for me

CREATE OR REPLACE

PROCEDURE test2(

USERNAME IN VARCHAR2,

bo_cursor IN OUT sys_refcursor )

AS

BEGIN

OPEN bo_cursor FOR SELECT 'output' FROM dual;

END;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billuu,

I am using Stored Procedures for MS SQL 2008, but i think the syntax is almost the same like ORACLE.

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[SP_CompanyDtl]

AS

BEGIN

SELECT CompnyName,CompnyAddr,Phone1,Fax,E_Mail FROM CompanyTable

END

once i have select this Stored Procedure into Universe, that's is nothing appear as object and i also unable to create it. I save this Universe as "Universe_Company" and export to the repository.

Then, open Webi select "Universe_Company", nothing object appear to select into webi. That's the main problem i facing now.

Thank and regards,

Angie Ng

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Angie,

Did you solve your problem with empty objects in universe, which based on stored procedure?

I have the same issue, could you help?

Many thanks

arul1226
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Is the problem resolved please. I am using BI 4.2 and fcing same issue. Please help