cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radio Button blank Value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I require a small help regarding radio button in webdynpro abap.

We are developing one application for conducting survey in employee portal in webdynpro abap.

For the above, we have selected the radio buttons as the answers to the survey questions E.g.

Q1. xxxx xxxx xxx

a. Agree b. Strongly Agree c. Disagree d. Strongly disagree.

the a. to d. are the radio buttons given for the answers. But when we run the application, then the screen shows the first radio button of all the questions as 'Ticked' (black circled). We want all the radio buttons, initially, to be blank.

The main objective behind this is to

- check whether all the questions are answered or not ?

- When saved directly without making any tick to any answer, the record is getting saved as the default value of first radio button is ticked.

Therefore, I required all the radio buttons are blank when the page is displayed.

Your valuable answere is appreciated.

Thanx

S J Rajam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajam,

Are you using RadioButtonByIndex(RBBI) or RadioButtonByKey(RBBK). If its RBBK then the default wont be selected. since the first radio option is seleced I assume you are using RBBI.

so here you have two options. Either convert RBBI to RBBK

or for the RBBI, you would have mapped hte context node. You need to set the lead selection of this node to none by calling

IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE->SET_LEAD_SELECTION_INDEX( IF_WD_CONTEXT_NODE->NO_SELECTION ) METHOD.

Br, Saravanan