cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDDOINIT triggered before HANDLESTART?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When my webdynpro application is triggered from a workflow, I send in URL-parameters. These are picked up in the HANDLESTART method. I need to use these parameters when reading values that are supposed to be displayed on the screen in the WDDOINIT method. The WDDOINIT method is a view method and HANDLESTART is a window method.

The WDDOINIT is called before the HANDLESTART method. How can I then use my import parameters? Since HANDLESTART is triggered after WDDOINIT then all logic in WDDOINIT is already triggered and can't make use of the url-parameters received from HANDLESTART.

Any Ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can write the logic in wddomodifyview by checking the first_time parameter.

if you logic is just hiding or enabling the fields based the url parameters, then you can do the following as an alternative.

1. create a context node in the component controller and map it to both View controller as well as to window controller

2. in the window controller handlestart set the context attributes based on the passed in URL parameters

3. in the view controller, bind the context attributes to enabled / disabled property of the UI elements.

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do i use WDDOMODIFYVIEW in that case?

I have never used that method.

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if your requirement is to hide/enable the ui elements, then its not required to write any logic in WdDoModifyView. just follow the alternative solution which I proposed.

If you want to do some extensive logic like fetching data/updating data etc, then write your code in WdDoModifyView. in this method check

if first_time = abap_true.

" then perform your logic

endif.

hope its clear.

BR, Saravanan

Answers (0)