cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA Client (Windows 32bit)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Do anyone know where I find to download SAP HANA Client for Windows 32bit?

I've only able to download this Clients:

AIX 64bit

AIX5 64bit

HP-UX on IA64 64bit

Linux SUSE 9 on x86_64 64bit

Linux on IA32 32bit

Linux on x86_64 64bit

Solaris on SPARC 64bit

Solaris on x64_64 64bit

Windows Server on IA32 32bit

Windows on x64 64bit

Thanks for response,

Pawel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel

What you're looking for is the "Windows Server on IA32 32bit" download. The description is misleading, it's for Windows 32-bit Intel (or AMD).

cheers

--Juergen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

Thanks for your replies.

I need this client to connect BO directly to HANA. And of course this works.

Thanks guys!

Pawel

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Its been a long time , so why does not SAP change the confusing IA32 to x86 nomenclature.

I was using x64 bit Windows 2008 server running x64 client and studio, but my EXCEL was giving error . so finally realised that my Office was a 32 bit product , and downloading and installing the 32 bit client now made it work

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was using x64 bit Windows 2008 server running x64 client and studio, but my EXCEL was giving error . so finally realised that my Office was a 32 bit product , and downloading and installing the 32 bit client now made it work

that is very very good tip - thanks for sharing - could you please note what was exactly the error?

Tomas

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You are right . we should have one common blog or something where we should all update with "tips" and tricks which is often not mentioned in the install guides , but every one spends hours re inventing the wheel .

The error was

"Architectural mismatch between Driver and Applicattion"

I was getting this error while trying to use Microsoft Excel to connect to HANA Datasource ( To consume an analytical view from MS Excel).

So lesson learnt :

1. If all components (OS , HANA Studio, Microsft Office) is 64 bit , then use 64 bit HANA client

but if OS, HANA studio = 64 bit and Microsoft Office = 32 bit , then use 32 bit HANA client

and ofcourse if OS, HANA studio , and MS Office = 32 bit , then use 32 bit HANA client.

2. 32bit HANA client is wrongly mislabeled "Windows Server on IA32 32bit" in the SAP download area

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

actually wiki pages would be better... will you start them?

Tomas

rajarshi_muhuri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Awesome iidea , I went to the wiki page, and since HANA wiki does not exist , I emailed 'sdn@sap.com' to create a new wiki area .

once its gets created , we can start working on that . the good thing is we can attach pictures directly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawel,

The version "Windows Server on IA32 32bit" should be fine for you. Also if you are looking for the Intel 32 bit HANA Studio, it will also be under a similar name. i.e. not as "Intel 32 bit" but "Windows Server on IA32 32bit"

Regards, Rahul

Edited by: Rahul Pant on Oct 31, 2011 6:53 PM

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am sure this is not your case - but just to avoid misunderstanding I would like to highlight difference between client and studio.. (as I already seen few people downloading client and wondering "how to start it")

HANA Client is used for external applications to allow them to connect to your HANA database (for example in case that you are using SAP BO Data Services). It cannot be used directly by end user.

HANA Studio is GUI that can be used for administration and modelling of HANA database.

Tomas

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> HANA Client is used for external applications to allow them to connect to your HANA database (for example in case that you are using SAP BO Data Services). It cannot be used directly by end user.

> Tomas

Well, not exactly.

Part of the HANA client software package is the commandline interface hdbsql which can be used to run SQL statements against a HANA instance.

But, general speaking, you're of course right.

The client software really isn't a user interface. Instead it provides the drivers and protocol (e.g. ODBC and JDBC drivers) that allow proper client software like BO, MS Excel, etc.to communicate with a HANA instance.

> HANA Studio is GUI that can be used for administration and modelling of HANA database.

>

> Tomas

Completely right!

regards,

Lars