cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC AC 10 landscape

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a two system landscape for GRC AC 10 (Dev & Prd).

Is it advisable to have all dev systems be connected to GRC Dev and all Prd to GRC Prd. OR

to have all systems connected to GRC Prd.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member771067
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Really I am not able to understand your scenario. It purely depends upon your customer's requirement. How many systems you are going to connect to the GRC PROD from your PRD landscape?

Do you have different systems for each component like CRM, HR, SRM, SD, MM, BI etc. in your prod landscape? In that case first decide(ask your customer), which PRD systems you are going to connect to the GRC PROD. Connect the respective DEV systems to the GRC DEV only. Why you are trying to connect all the DEV/PRD systems to the GRC DEV/PRD system?

If you have only one ERP PROD system having all the components in the landscape then just connect that ERP system to your respective GRC DEV/PRD system. Hope it clarifies.

Regards,

Guru

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

We wish to add the dev systems to GRC, to allow automated user management and analysis in those systems as well. We would have around 8 production (incl ERP, BI, SRM , CRM) and 25 development + quality systems.

So I planned to connect 8 production on GRC PRD and 25 dev on GRC Dev. Should that be good ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello jay

Your approach is correct .

Dev GRC - Dev Backend (ECC etc )

PRD GRC - PRD Backend ( ECC etc )

in many cases DEV GRC (RAR) will also connect to PRD Backend to generate real time SOD report with which remediation work can be started .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Helo Jay,

The Approach I would recommend in case you ned analysis and provisioning for Dev systems as well is to have GRC PRD connected to all systems.

Also, make sure you have different rulesets for DEV and PRD, so that when you run risk analysis for DEV, only the ones which are relevant should come. This is because you do not expect to define as many risks in DEV as in PRD, because PRD is your critical system.

One more reason for this is that even if your DEV GRC goes down for some reason, like during SP testing and upgrade, you still have the PRD working and provisioning the users, thereby not stopping your work every time you play in GRC dev.

Regards,

Hersh.