Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS_CONTENT_SERVER_HELP

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello SAP team,

I am very new to DMS and as the help received til date, i need one more help on the below.

Our BASIS consultant today sent me mail stating that he has configured the content server and has given me the below details asking me to test it. How should i proceed on this further

content rep. -

> ZRESTCLIENT

content storage name -

> SDB

driver----

> Live cache

HTTP SERVER----

> clientsap1

port number-1090

HTTP content script----

> contentserver/dll

version-0046

I suspect that i need to assign this content rep to storage catagory DMS_C1_ST or any other, then create a DIR save file selecting this DMS_C1_ST

Please guide me if any more things i have to do or etc....

Regards,

satish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks a lot

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Make the following changes.

driver = MaxDB

Later check with tcode CSAdmin

Mention content repository name as ZRESTCLIENT.

Check the status of content repository. It should be green and running status.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

It was very helfull but i have one more doubt on this,

1) When you said MaxDB, you mean to say i should tell my basis guy to change it the entity in driver to MaxDB from Live Cache?

2) When i checked in CSADMIN, i was able to see the green color stating customizing ok and running status in over view tab. Is this fine?

3) Now should i do any more testing?

4) While checking the file in CV01n which storage catagory need to be selected? and should i perform any actions behind the same.

Regards,

Satish

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

1) When you said MaxDB, you mean to say i should tell my basis guy to change it the entity in driver to MaxDB from Live Cache?

==> This is recommendation from SAP in case you have issues with checkin the original documents into DMS repository.

Please observe and later perform changes if required.

2) When i checked in CSADMIN, i was able to see the green color stating customizing ok and running status in over view tab. Is this fine?

==> Configuration is ok.

3) Now should i do any more testing?

=> Technical no more testing is required.

4) While checking the file in CV01n which storage catagory need to be selected? and should i perform any actions behind the same.

==> you may need to perform the following

a) Create storage category if not done so and assign this content repository to this storage category.

b) create a test doc type. Create relevant status.

c) create a test DMS document using cv01n for doc type created in step b. Attach a original document to it. Check-in and store the same into DMS respository by making selection of Storage category created in step a.

d) If everything ends well, your configuration is correct. Else revisit your configuration done so far.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

former_member202372
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak,

Thats great, your below answer helped a lot my friend. Many thanks, now i am almost at the end and need help on below last thing,

1) As suggested I am creating the new storage catagory but my small doubt is, SAP has some storage catagories like DMS_C1_ST and DVS1cont, shouldn't we assign content rep to that? Is creating new storage category recommended?

My question may be very basic but need your help in understanding the same.

2) Some how when i am creating new storage catagory in SPRO, when i enter the content rep and hit enter it gives an error saying " Repository ZTESTAJAX has document area IWBASAP" and when i enlarge the error the diagnosis section says "Repository ZTESTAJAX has the wrong document space (IWBASAP)."

Shall i go ahead and type this in document area and proceed further or any other steps to be taken.

Regards,

satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) As suggested I am creating the new storage catagory but my small doubt is, SAP has some storage catagories like DMS_C1_ST and DVS1cont, shouldn't we assign content rep to that? Is creating new storage category recommended?

My question may be very basic but need your help in understanding the same.

Ans: It is always recommended to create a new repository, don't make changes to SAP provided config data.

2) Some how when i am creating new storage catagory in SPRO, when i enter the content rep and hit enter it gives an error saying " Repository ZTESTAJAX has document area IWBASAP" and when i enlarge the error the diagnosis section says "Repository ZTESTAJAX has the wrong document space (IWBASAP)."

Ans: If you are making setting for DMS then the Document area value for your content repository should be DMS (make sure u use DMS and not DMS2) rather than IWBASAP. Once u do this use the same in storage category. this wud eliminate the error.

Regards

Abhishek