cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down field in ALV values not getting changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I have created an drop down by key in ALV and I am initialising and filling the values in drop down in Modify view.

When I am executing the application for the first time the values fill in fine in the drop down. However based on user selection the value in drop should changed. Keep in mind all the rows added in ALV should show the same values in drop down.

Now the issue is when ever user changes the value but the drop values which were set initially does not changes.

In other words if user selects supplier A the values for all rows in drop down shows as

A

B

C

But if user selects supplier B the values for all rows in drop down should changed to

X

Y

Z

unfortunatley it still shows values as A,B,C .

I have checked while debugging and values are changed based on condition but when I set them back in ALV using set_attribute_value_set it does not shows the new values.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help..Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

Thank you so much...it solved my problem by calling set data method.

Regards

Shakti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please can anybody help me on this..

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Shakti

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shakthi,

The easier option would be to convert the DropDownByKey to DropDownByIndex. If you still want to proceed with DropDownByKey then you need to initialise the ALV data again. do the following

1. after changing the attribute-value_set, call the ALV interface controller method SET_DATA and pass the instance of the context node.

2. reintiliase all the ALV settings like edit mode, converting the column editor to DropDownByKey etc....

This will ensure the new attribute value set is reflected in the ALV component.

BR, Saravanan

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have the same issue.

But in my case its not an ALV table.

Its a normal table in a view which has two editable columns with drop down by key.

For each row , the drop down values should change based on the value in the previous column as mentioned by Shakthi.

Currently all the rows are having the saving drop down values.

Please help with this issue. Its very urgent.

Thanks in advance.