cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any API to monitor in SAP XI 3.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'd like to know if SAP XI 3.0 offers any API (preferably in Java) in order to monitor components, messages, queues, and so on... I know there is the Runtime Workbench for this kind of thing, but I guess it's a graphical tool. I would actually like to develop my own monitoring GUI.

Thanks in advance,

/ML

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

I am looking for the exact same things you are: API to monitor components, messages, queues, and so on... I wonder if you have founded something and what approach did you choose, and why?.

Will appreciate your help

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why ?

What about all of the XI 3.0 tools available in SXMB_MONI ? These are all SAPGUI based. Why re-invent the wheel ? This works pretty good don't you think or are you planning on designing your own version ?

Kind regards

colin.

Message was edited by: Colin Bickell

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, if the given tools meet our needs, it is no problem since it will reduce TCO. However I usually prefer to have both approaches available: vendor specific tools and tools developed from scratch.

I'm actually a webMethods user trying to have an insight of XI. I'm just trying to know which tools I usually use with webMethods I could need with XI. WebMethods usually offers graphical tools AND Java APIs to allow custom development (for Business Process Monitoring for example).

And by the way, is it possible to download XI and try it for an evaluation purpose?

Are there also benchmarks concerning performance of XI? I suspect SOAP/HTTP is rather heavy concerning bandwidth...

Regards,

/ML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure whether you have this already but I have also attached a link for the SAP help for SAP XI 3.0 - it is very good :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

This should help somewhat.

Kind regards

Colin