Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store Fcst Errors and ExPost forecast from statistics background job

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

we run DP statistics in background and we want to store

1) Forecast Error values (MAD, RMSE etc)

2) the ExPost Forecast generated (the Fcst created within statistics run to calculate the Fcst errors selected)

in order analyze these data after the job run.

What is the best practise / recommendation to store these data. I could imagine that ExPost Fcst could be saved to keyfigure in the DP Planning Area since it is a true time-series. With the Fcst Errors I'm not sure since they are just one value for the entire horizon and you could have selected several fcst error types - this would mean several seperate keyfigures in the DP planning area for just one value to save ?

Any hint or experience sharing ow to get there in APO-DP is welcome ...

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

one part of my question has been answered on our own - storing the ExPost Fcst is a planning area definition in standard APO-DP.

What remains as a question is the best practise/recommendation to store the different fcst error measures (MAD, RSME etc.).

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One way of the approach could be having a separate planning book view with error keyfigures and default macros calculating 'error values' and storing into each of these error keyfigures. For calculations, the base keyfigures like 'consumption history', 'base forecast', ' Final forecast' , 'Expost forecast' keyfigures also need to be used in this planning book view. Based on the selection, the macros calculate the erorr values...

Regards,

Raghav

Answers (0)